Restaurant Style Egg Custard Pie Recipe
EGG CUSTARD PIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups whole milk
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
EGG CUSTARD PIE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix just enough to incorporate all the ingredients. Set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine milk and butter. Use a wire whisk and stir constantly until the milk begins to rise in the saucepan at a rapid boil - 5 to 8 minutes. NEVER stop stirring, or the milk will burn. Pour the hot mixture into the egg mixture, stirring as you pour.
3. Line a 9 inch pan with dough. Pour custard mixture into pie crust. Protect the edges of crust with a ring of aluminum foil.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Filling will appear slightly jiggly. Allow to cool. The egg custard pie recipe is ready...nice taste ! Enjoy !
Lattice Coconut-Egg Custard Pie
Egg custard Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 each pie shell (9 inch) baked
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup coconut shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chocolate (semi-sweet) semi-sweet pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Several hours ahead: Start heating oven to 350 F.
To eggs, add sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk; beat well.
Pour into greased 9 inch pie plate that has been set in shallow baking pan; sprinkle with nutmeg.
Set in oven; into baking pan, pour enough hot water to come three fourths way up side of pie plate.
Bake 35 min., or till silver knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool at room temperature.
When shell and custard are cool, melt chocolate with shortening over hot, not boiling, water.
Meanwhile, slip custard into shell this way: Tilt custard-filled pie plate a bit.
With small spatula, gently pull custard away from all sides of plate.
To complete loosening, hold plate level with both hands; shake gently.
Now hold custard, tilted, over shell, with far edge of custard just above and close to far edge of shell; shake gently.
As custard slips out, pull plate back toward you till custard is in shell.
To make chocolate top, dip metal or wooden skewer into melted-chocolate mixture and draw it across top of pie in crisscross manner, dipping skewer into chocolate as needed.
Let settle a few minutes; then serve at once...enjoy it !