Restaurant Style Egg Custard Pie
Restaurant Style Egg Custard Pie Recipe
EGG CUSTARD PIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups whole milk
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
EGG CUSTARD PIE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix just enough to incorporate all the ingredients. Set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine milk and butter. Use a wire whisk and stir constantly until the milk begins to rise in the saucepan at a rapid boil - 5 to 8 minutes. NEVER stop stirring, or the milk will burn. Pour the hot mixture into the egg mixture, stirring as you pour.
3. Line a 9 inch pan with dough. Pour custard mixture into pie crust. Protect the edges of crust with a ring of aluminum foil.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Filling will appear slightly jiggly. Allow to cool. The egg custard pie recipe is ready...nice taste ! Enjoy !
Labels: egg custard pie recipes